CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
You can breast feed and Work! Ever have trouble breast or bottle feeding? How about the transition from one to the other?

YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

This blog is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts, stories, successes, and even your failed attempts at this transitioning game. Your thoughts are important to mom's all across the world who are in the same boat as you.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Inching towards that one year mark!


I will be celebrating when my son crosses over the one year mark and is still breastfeeding! To me that was my goal I set out the day he was born. Inn actuality its probably a little longer than that, to transition him to cows milk, but all in all I'll be a happy camper!

Many people don't understand the stress, commitment, patience and determination it takes to breast feed for a year while maintain a full time job. That's why a support system is so important. Reach out to mom's who have accomplished it already. Ask what worked for them and not.

One of the best tips I ever got was to create a "Special Bag" for my 2 year old to have when I was breastfeeding on my maternity leave. What a wonderful idea! Its a bag that is always in sight but out of reach full of toys that your child can only play with while feeding your other child. It takes the negative out of situation all together. The key to the whole thing is to make sure when your done breastfeeding the special bag goes away. I kept mine on top of our fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment