CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
You can breast feed and Work! Ever have trouble breast or bottle feeding? How about the transition from one to the other?

YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

This blog is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts, stories, successes, and even your failed attempts at this transitioning game. Your thoughts are important to mom's all across the world who are in the same boat as you.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Is Pumping a Chore?

I feel like sometimes taking my pump and throwing it out the 9th floor window of my office! I love what breastfeeding does for my children. And will continue to breastfeed them til age 1. But I wish i didn't have to pump.

Maybe its not the pump that frustrates me, maybe its the constant repetition of being hooked to a machine, every three to four hours. Its very different than actually breastfeeding...but your shooting for the same result. (milk for food, and in this case your bottles for the next day) At first its not that bad... but eventually it becomes that annoying black bag, that makes that quietly annoying sound that you have to pack for work with everything else... yeah you said it, its just irritating!

In all seriousness though. How do you make your pumping time the most efficient.
First: Relax... sometimes hard to do if your in a work setting. (each state has different laws defining a comfortable setting.)

Second: Bring a picture of your baby with you to focus on the task at hand.

Third: Make sure you are hydrated... people forget that water is super important while breastfeeding.

Fourth: Match your schedule to your babies. Pumping when your babies due for a bottle keeps both of you in a routine.

Fifth: Using a double pump, can decrease time you need to take to pump. (I like only one at a time though, i believe i get more milk that way)

Time is a big deal for most! So making pumping quick, easy and efficient is the key.

1 comment:

  1. What a great cause for your blog! I breastfed all six of my children for at least one year and sometimes two years depending if I had to have surgery or not.

    I added you on GFC and liked you networked blogs. I found you on MBC and would love to have you visit at http://bowofbronze.com/amysblog.

    Thanks, Amy B

    ReplyDelete